What Are The Advantages of Classic French Patio Doors For Your Home?
It’s almost compulsory these days to have a set of patio doors at the back of the house, folks just love them. So, if you are thinking about adding a set, then why not look at classic French Patio doors?
The unique styling of the matched pair of swing doors, gives the French door a lot of advantages over the standard sliding patio door.
They can be fitted to open inwards or outwards and when opened wide, they are out of the way. Sliding doors remain in the frame and cut down the amount of entryway space.
There are a few choices to be made before you can estimate the price of your new French patio doors. For example:
- What material do you want? UPVC / Aluminium / Composite / Timber
- Will you need to do construction work? Maybe enlarge an opening or even create a new one.
- Glazing – toughened / laminated / low-e coatings / double or triple glazed
- Sealed unit size: 26mm are best
- Trick vents – you will need ventilation maybe?
- What about threshold height – do you have special access needs?
- Dimensions – typically, the unit comprises of 2 doors fitted into a frame – each standard door size would be 78 inches by 30 inches + frame of 3 inches. What sizes do you need?
The best thing to do is to get 3 or 4 quotes from different suppliers / installers. You can take their advice and get some written quotes to compare prices.
The advantage of doing this is that it allows you to judge the market pricing to see if your quote is too high or too low. Written quotes are also a useful negotiating tool when trying to get a better deal.